NetCS Research Area (Spring 2015 ~ ):
Since Spring 2015, Networked Computing Systems also focusing on SmartX-mini
IoT-Cloud and IoT-Cloud Testbed
NetCS Research Area (Spring 2013 ~ ):
Networked Computing Systems (NetCS) focusing on “Dynamic & Resource-aware Composition of Media-centric Services employing Programmable/Virtualized Computing/Networking Resources”
Software-Defined networking (SDN) and Cloud computing for Future Internet testbed
- Resource-aware service composition framework (i.e., modeling, monitoring, and adaptation) employing heterogeneous computing/networking resources for service-centric Future
- Internet testbed.
- Dynamic provisioning for novel SDN-supported services with virtualized programmable networking resources (e.g., high-performance lambdas, opportunistic wireless cognitive/DTN
- connections, …).
- Balanced integration of computing and networking resources in heterogeneous SmartX nodes.
Smart media-centric services employing heterogeneous SmartX nodes
- Flexible lifecycle management for service composition that interacts between immersive media services and computing/networking resources.
- Centralized coordination of distributed SmartX nodes for multi-party visual sharing collaboration environment.
- Mobile & content-centric media services leveraging opportunistic P2P for the spatial-temporal domain efficiency.
- Reliable service creation with heterogeneous computing/networking for real-time/low-latency CPS (cyber physical systems) applications.
NetCS Research Area (Spring 2011 ~ Fall 2012):
Since Spring 2011, envisioning the advent of next-generation information infrastructure, based on the programmable networks connecting virtualized cloud-style computing resources, our research aims at the development of tools and algorithms for “Networked Computing Systems that enables Dynamic media-centric service composition over the wired/wireless convergent Future Internet”.
- Smart Media Services (SmartMS):
- Dynamic service composition framework towards interaction between immersive media services and computing/networking infrastructure (2007~)
- Service architectures for massive prosumers (part of “A study on next generation network architecture”) (2008~2011)
- Opportunistic (mobile) P2P media streaming focusing on spatial-temporal efficiency for ad-hoc mesh networks with mobile nodes. (2007~)
- CPS (Cyber Physical Systems) for Highly-reliable application domain (2010~2011)
- NetComputing Testbed (NetCompTB):
- FIRST@PC: Future Internet Research for Sustainable Testbed based on PC (2008~2013)
- SIGMA: Virtualized programmable wireless network testbeds for repeatable performance evaluation (2009~2012)
NetMedia Research Area (Spring 2009 ~ Spring 2011):
From Fall 2001 till Spring 2011, we had been working on the investigation/development of relevant tools, algorithms, and paradigms under the slogan of “Dynamic Composition of Immersive Media-oriented Services over the Wire/Wireless IP Convergence Networks”.
- FI (Future Internet) and MS (Media Service) Team:
- Dynamic service composition framework towards interaction between immersive media services and computing/networking infrastructure
- FIRST@PC: Future Internet Research for Sustainable Testbed, based on PC
- P2P /P4P (HY)
- ADD (SH)
- KISTI (JC & CH)
- e-organ (Viny)
- UM (Ubiquitous Media) Team:
◦ Cross-layer network-adaptive one-to-one (one-to-many) media transports over multi-hop wireless networks]]
◦ Opportunistic (mobile) P2P media streaming focusing on spatial-temporal efficiency for ad-hoc mesh networks with mobile nodes.
NetMedia Research Area (Fall 2001 ~ Spring 2009):
- UCN+ (Ubiquitous Computing and Networking+) Team:
◦ Multi-party advanced collaboration environment and remote visualization (Access Grid)
◾ SMeet Research Framework & Media Arbitration Service
◾ Multimedia arbitration service for multi-party collaboration environments
◾ Smart Meeting Space (SMeet) framework design
◾ ACE Connector (Networking solution for SMeet)
◾ Clustered Networked Display
◾ Provision of User Interaction Service in SMeet
◦ Interactive networked 3D virtual environments and games
◾ Qos Control for Haptic-based Network System
◾ Delay compensation for Haptic-based Network System
◦ Immersive media contents serving and high-speed delivery (3D HD video over Gbps)
◾ Bidirectional system building with optimization of uncompressed HD media transport Related Projects
- FI (Future Internet) Team:
◦ Persistent and autonomous information sharing via P2P /overlay content networking
◾ Towards a Global Coordinate Infrastructure (GCI) for serving P2P Overlay Networks
◦ Flexible and transparent protocols & middleware for GRID & home networks
◦ Integrated framework for resource scheduling for distributed systems with lambda networking
◾ Packet Scheduling for the Real-time Applications with guaranteed delay & jitter performance
◾ Multicast Routing for Interactive Media Application in Optical Networks
◦ End-to-end media performance via adaptive network QoS and hybrid monitoring
◦ Secure media access with intellectual property management and group-based security
◦ Ad Hoc networking for ambient intelligence and pervasive environments (mesh network, IPv6)
◾ Joint Multipath Routing and Rate Allocation for Wireless Mesh Networks
◾ P2P -based VoD in Mobile Opportunistic Networks
◾ Mesh Connectivity Layer in Wireless mesh networks
◾ Reliable MAC layer Multicast in 802.11 Wireless mesh Networks
◾ Video Streaming over Wired/Multi-hop Wireless Network
◾ High-Quality Multimedia Streaming in Wireless Networks
◦ Dynamic network-adaptive media delivery over highly fluctuating networks for graceful degradation
◾ Single-hop and Multi-hop Automatic Management and Planning
◦ Ubiquitous media streaming with mobility, QoS, and multicast support
◦ Resilient and synchronized media distribution over multicast-enabled networks